"Let us consider how we may encourage one another toward love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:25
Mentoring is the foundation of ATLAS. ATLAS believes that ture and lasting change in someone's life occurs withing a relationship with God and fellow Christians. There is great power in sharing your life, both the highs and lows, with another and knowing you are not walking this road along. True mentoring looks for God's already present work in an individual's life and then seeks to sacrificially join in this work as friend, encourager, coach and prayer partner.
What is a Mentor?
- A mentor is a consultant with life experience.
- A mentor encourages, challenges, and helps another person on the way to healing and growth.
- A mentor should seek to relate to another person inorder to help that person reach his God-given potential in all areas of life: marriage, financial, personal, professional, physical, social, and spiritual.
Qualities of a Mentor
- A personal, living relationship with Christ.
- Be able to speak about God's Word.
- Love for others and the ability to listen without judging.
- Evidence of a God-given gift of relating to people.
- A life of prayer and the ability to rest in Christ.
Do you want to know more?
Contact our office for more information about the mentor program. Merilyce, the Mentor Coordinator, will be happy to visit with you. Find out how you can be the "hands and feet of Jesus" to another person and be a part of this important ministry at ATLAS of Osceola.
"Working together, we can do great things."
Opportunities are many, for those who wish to serve as volunteers.
ATLAS of Osceola seeks to provide the needs of our clients as well as those of our community. Volunteers are needed for such things as: giving rides, moving furniture, mowing or raking lawns, snow removal, small handyman projects, or providing a meal. The reward is helping others who are in need of a "good neighbor." Be a part of our volunteer family; let us know if you wish to share your talent or skill.
ATLAS Board Members
- John Van Diepen - President
- Deb Kosters - Secretary
- Peg Van Kley
- Kathleen Osterman
- Doug Noonkester
- Bill Boer
- Karen Glade
955 2nd Avenue
Fax: (712) 754-4337
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00
Jun-Aug: Closed Fridays